Subject: Exploring Lightwave 3D
From: [email-masked] (Scot Perry)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 00:38:49 -0400

Just received my copy of Exploring Lightwave 3D.  Disappointed on first look
theirs a total 8 color pages thats counting both sides and the included disk
only has 700K of data I had illusions of maybe a CD with prerenderd scenes
in AVI or some similar format they didn't work to hard to collect their
data. I can only hope the content is worth the $59.95 but it only covers
prerelease 4.0 obviously they lacked the clout to get betas from Newtek.
I've seen betas at Newtek U that were closer to final so I know some people
had them. So this means some of this book is outdated already. On the bright
side(?) they'll give all owners of their (prerelease) book a discount on the
second printing (what a thrill) I won't buy that sight unseen. I'll post my
opinion on content tommorrow 
hopefully I'll have some good news. So hold on to your checkbooks Lightwave
Neophytes in search of the ultimate lightwave bible or at least a reasonable
how to. 

Scot W. Perry
Aspiring Critic

--
[email-masked] (Scot Perry) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]